1. The Sweetest Girl - Scritti Politti
2. Twist & Crawl - The Beat (dub version) [group known as The English Beat over in the USA]
3. Misery Goats - Pere Ubu
4. 7,000 Names of Wah - Wah! Heat (early version of a track from their debut album)
5. Blue Boy - Orange Juice
6. Raising the Count - Cabaret Voltaire
7. Kebab Trauma -- Live - D.A.F.
8. Bare Pork - Furious Pig
9. Bourgeois Blues - Panther Burns **
10. I Look Alone - Buzzcocks
11. Fanfare in the Garden - Essential Logic
12. Born Again Cretin - Robert Wyatt
1. Shouting Out Loud - Raincoats
2. Endless Soul - Josef K
3. Low Profile - Blue Orchids
4. Red Nettle - Virgin Prunes
5. We Could Send Letter - Aztec Camera
6. Milkmaid - Red Crayola
7. Magnificent Dreams - Television Personalities **
8. The Day My Pad Went Mad - The Massed Carnaby St. John Cooper Clarkes (vocal-only version)
9. Jazz is the Teacher, Funk is the Preacher - James Blood Ulmer
10. Close to Home - Ian Dury
11. Greener Grass - Gist
12. Parallel Lines - Subway Sect.
Other credits on it read as follows...
This cassette began as a mail order only offer through the NME. Two tracks (marked **) are new,
due to contractual obligations. Many thanks to the NME for their efforts.
Daf appear by the incredibly
kind permission of Mute Records;
Orange Juice, Aztec Camera and Josef K are all on the Postcard label;
Buzzcocks appear to be part of the of the EMI Leisure Combine;
Ian Dury appears courtesy of Stiff Records;
Wah Heat appear couresty of Inevitable Records;
and Subway Sect appear courtesy of Oddball.
All the rest are on the Rough Trade labels 221 - 1100.